There is barely a single person who has not been affected by cancer, be it through a friend, family member or themselves. The lack of control and power is frustrating. By supporting societies such as the KWF (Dutch Cancer Society), we try to regain some of what is lost.
The KWF aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, increase the cure rate of cancer and to improve the quality of life for those with cancer. They support and stimulate activities which contribute to these goals, such as research, prevention and patient support.
'De Gezelligste High Tea' has embraced three of the KWF's core activities: public awareness, volunteer program and fundraising.
What makes this high tea special is that it is made possible by the enthusiastic involvement of our local community...
- the delectable high tea goodies are all made by volunteers or donated by businesses.
- the 'gezellig' cafe Sassennest in Sassenheim is hosting this event.
- Local businesses are donating other needs.
- Volunteers are organising and running the event.
- come and eat!
Cakes, slices, tarts, biscuits, cheesecakes, pastries, chocolates, cupcakes, canolis, scones, puddings, trifles, pavlova, pies, clafoutis, profiteroles, madeleines, friands, shortbreads, fudge, doughnuts, meringues, macarons, muffins...mmmmmmmm
We need volunteers to bake and bring their goodies!
- Register your intention to cook! Also indicate what and how much of it you plan to make. email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 5132 4522 (Kelly)
- Choose a recipe that suits a high tea: something that can be served in small portions (half of normal) and still look good.
- Cook 1-2 recipes (recipe amounts, not necessarily different recipes)
- Deliver your cake/sweet preferably already in serving portions and in a disposable container or plate, otherwise in a container with your name on it.
- Delivery details: Sassennest, Park Rusthoff, Sassenheim on Saturday 30 june 1300-1400.
Donate now!! Go to our official KWF website: click on 'donaties'!
Or, Donate High Tea Supplies
Coffee (ground coffee)
Sugar (single portions)
Coffee Milk (single portions)
Time: distributing posters
...more suggestions welcome!
mailto:email@example.com for more information
We are relying on good old fashioned word of mouth. Not so old fashioned these days with email, Facebook, Blogs, Twitter, Hyves.
- Mail, post, publish de website www.degezelligstehightea.blogspot.com
- Post op Facebook, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Email this invitation to your social network
- Don't forget also to simply tell everyone you see!
View Larger Map
Parking in Sassenheim is free (use the blue time disc)
There are entrances to the park on all 4 sides The Sassennest is in the middle of the park, in the grass field.
Entrances1. de Kerklaan
2. Passage Boschplein (behind HEMA)
3. Hoofdstraat (approx ~189 Hoofdstraat)
4. JP Goveneurlaan (2 entrances)
Parking is easiest in these streets (and their side streets)
Kerklaan (has an underground carpark)